Sept 24 NQ.

Click image for original size
nq2024 09 0115 58 27

I have been away from this site for years. I have had an interesting experience since then, trading as a CTA other people's money not worth the stress in futures Forex. selling my trades via copy trading actually my favorite only con was the non-stop questions and whining from "clients" who are never satisfied. Trading small multiple personal accounts amassing a small fortune and retiring at 38 which started 6 months pre covid and moving deep into the forest of SC with my wife and 6 kids, took 4years off to live my dream of going completely self-sufficient off grid homesteading. My 2 oldest daughters are nearly adults, and I have coached and taught them to trade for themselves not there yet but making progress good progress. my goal for them is to give them something they can fall back on in whatever field they choose. I struggled for years should I teach them trading due to my addiction to trade 24hr sessions in FX I decided early summer to come out of Retirment and teach them how to trade and start my 4th trading campaign of my life. with an emphasis on NQ, ES, and GC (the best currency) rth >with as little overnight< as I can. when I say I took 4 yrs. off I literally took 4 years off....I didn't check the markets maybe 2x since mid 2019-june 2024. the longest break and rest from trading I have had since I started at 16. Took about a month to get back into the swing of things, but it did come back to me as I started really small trading 1-20 MNQs good thing I keep detailed notes from past yrs. NQ was 6-7k back then. but same approach still works. Thought it would be fun to work thru sept on here.

Chart on left is 4hr NQ with 1% envelopes to identify extreme moves away from hi vol.
Aug POC 19,630ish
last weeks Hi vol POC 19,570ish

areas of interest:
Hi vol
Lo vol
VAH
VAL
POC (aug, july, last weeks and 2 weeks ago)
last weeks Hi Lo
last months Hi Lo

Chart on right is MNQ 30 min profiles.
Overnight vol profile
rth vol profile

areas of interest;
last untouched POC both above and below current market
yesterday VAH
yesterday VAL
overnight POC
price channels (more of an art than science)

Fridays open returned rather quickly to prev days POC 19,625, then to the over nights POC 19,529, then to take out overnight lows before targeting its developing POC and then back to the last untouched POC of 19,625.

tues opening looks like be around its last month's POC 19,649. and watching for thrusts away from augs high vol.
If we get a thrust up in GC i will move stop to flat a few min later.
cl2024 09 0909 43 04

so exact same set up in CL.

long term and swing term down. a nice counter trend move.....TL drawn on first HH and 2nd HH a TL break and entry on Retest. Stop 30ish cent above EMA
I actually entered this set up before the retest in anticipation of a TL break due to the down bowl shape you can clearly see on the 30min
NQ approaching last set of singles from Friday. ill be going short after they do. try to catch a line break or channel extension.
nq2024 09 0910 26 19

same concept....trend line break and a rejection at a longer term conjunction of Fridays singles. still long gold barely the best looking ones tend to be the days losers....